• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP> Reverting Back To Froyo From Gingerbread!

the best thing would be to have rooted and made a backup.

since hindsight is always 20/20,best thing to do is root now.

run revolutionary s-off tool. if you wish to be rooted and use some root tools to backup your current apps,maybe even make a nandroid backup in case you want to run this again,then allow revolutionary to install clockwork recovery and then flash superuser in revcovery.

flash the 1.70.605.0 RUU in hboot if you wish to remain stock and recieve an OTA to boring official GB :eek:

if you wish to remain rooted,after flashing the 1.70.605.0 ruu,flash a recovery in hboot,then flash superuser in recovery. only disadvantage to doing this is you will have to manually flash GB in recovery when the time comes.

it is good to be revolutionary permanent s-off,even if you have no desire or intentions of being rooted.

my 2 cents :)

Revolutionary

Reactions: johnm5839
Upvote 0
May I ask why you want to go back? Was there something wrong with your phone?

I think you may have already answered this in another thread...quote from you below ;)

My phone just started doing this today!!! I thought it might have something to do with GB RUU I installed. I don't know though, my phone has just been acting really strange. I can't launch my camera at all, and sometimes my music plays by itself!

Upvote 0
The OP never said is he wanted to go back because of software issues, or something else. Could have been taking it back to the store, and didn't want 2.3 on it. I was just asking because I'm trying to find out if people are having the same issues as me so I know if it's a software issues, or hardware issues. My camera won't start anymore, I'm not sure if that's from 2.3 or from when I dropped my phone (especially since my camera used to work on the 2.3 RUU)

Upvote 0
The OP never said is he wanted to go back because of software issues, or something else. Could have been taking it back to the store, and didn't want 2.3 on it. I was just asking because I'm trying to find out if people are having the same issues as me so I know if it's a software issues, or hardware issues. My camera won't start anymore, I'm not sure if that's from 2.3 or from when I dropped my phone (especially since my camera used to work on the 2.3 RUU)

Read this: http://androidforums.com/thunderbolt-all-things-root/406430-camara-issue-gtalk-fc.html

Upvote 0
I attempted the same thing. I was rooted and had a backup of Froyo. Camera stopped working. Decided to restore Froyo. Took a couple times and a wipe. Once up no radios worked. Looked around and wasn't sure what to do for the radios not working. Wiped and wiped, tried GB backup. Would stick on HTC boot screen. Finally had to go back to Froyo backup with no radios working, then re run the GB leak. Finally a working phone. Then come to find out that there was a fix for the camera. Lots of fun, would be curious if someone smarter than me would now how to get the Froyo Radios working again. Just out of curiosity.

Upvote 0
if you were on mr2 froyo,theres no reason that the radios you have wouldnt work.

if your backup is mr1 froyo,then that explains it ;) you could technically install the "402" radios and have a working mr1 rom,but since it wasnt the best firmware thats come out yet,id proilly just reccomend flashing the rooted mr2 rom in recovery.

[ROM] Official 1.70.605.0 MR2 OTA Deodexed Rooted Busybox Mirrors Added :D - xda-developers

it will work fine with your current radios.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones