• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help root my phone

Rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets, and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (known as "root access") within Android's subsystem.

Rooting is often performed with the goal of overcoming limitations that carriers and hardware manufacturers put on some devices, resulting in the ability to alter or replace system applications and settings, run specialized apps that require administrator-level permissions, overclocking the CPU and/or GPU and give the phone features that the manufacturer or carrier has not activated for one reason or an other_ or perform other operations that are otherwise inaccessible to a normal Android user. Rooting can also facilitate the complete removal and replacement of the device's operating system, usually with a more recent release of its current operating system.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
Actually you won't need to. If you have a Windows based PC and a data cable and you have installed all the drivers you can do it. It is easy. Go to Google play and download Cyanogenmod installer and then follow the instructions.

I do caution you this way will wipe out all the APS and settings. So if I were I would back up anything you deem important.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones