• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help Rootin

don0tto

Aug 28, 2011
i have a metro pcs LG Optimus M Android Version 2.2.1 i tried using z4root that didnt work and ginger bread was giving me problems i download it from my phone all i want to be able to do it get Wifi on my phone so i can use it to access the internet on my computer as i dont have internet access on it can some one slowly explain this to me and help me i really new to this type of thing

i have a metro pcs LG Optimus M Android Version 2.2.1 i tried using z4root that didnt work and ginger bread was giving me problems i download it from my phone all i want to be able to do it get Wifi on my phone so i can use it to access the internet on my computer as i dont have internet access on it can some one slowly explain this to me and help me i really new to this type of thing
follow the instructions for the gingerbreak?
download the gingerbreak apk and install it, use some sort of apk installer or file explorer, then open app drawer and choose gingerbreak and click on root.
it will do the rest, then download wifi tether and install it.

Upvote 0
follow the instructions for the gingerbreak?
download the gingerbreak apk and install it, use some sort of apk installer or file explorer, then open app drawer and choose gingerbreak and click on root.
it will do the rest, then download wifi tether and install it.

i have wifi tether installed when i download ginger break it wont open and it doesnt work i download straight form the internet onmy phone i need help i feel like a reard i been trying to do this since yesterday

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
question i got the gingerbreak app to work and now it sitting there loading and rooting how long does it take
hey sorry been off computer all evening.

is the file on your computer or on your phone?

if its on your computer plug the usb cable in and put it on your phone sd card

do you have a file explorer or apk installer?
if not go to android market and get one.
then use it to go to the sd card and install the gingerbreak apk:D

Upvote 0
hey sorry been off computer all evening.

is the file on your computer or on your phone?

if its on your computer plug the usb cable in and put it on your phone sd card

do you have a file explorer or apk installer?
if not go to android market and get one.
then use it to go to the sd card and install the gingerbreak apk:D

the application is on my phone and i have astro file

so wut do i do do i go to astro and get the application from there i been working on this for 2 days

Upvote 0
Ive read that it cant be done yet...and if it came stock with 2.2.2 you can't downgrade...so your kinda stuck
you can downgrade,
the physical hardware from the first version 2.2 to the 2.2.1 changed, if you downgraded you didnt get active screen, but so far there have been no reports of those with 2.2.2 downgrading to 2.2.1, for that matter there are no reports that the phone actually shipped with 2.2.2, just that they updated
he bought his and now has 2.2.2 could have shipped with it but maybe not.
ota update maybe?

Upvote 0
you can downgrade,
the physical hardware from the first version 2.2 to the 2.2.1 changed, if you downgraded you didnt get active screen, but so far there have been no reports of those with 2.2.2 downgrading to 2.2.1, for that matter there are no reports that the phone actually shipped with 2.2.2, just that they updated
he bought his and now has 2.2.2 could have shipped with it but maybe not.
ota update maybe?

Is there anyway to tell if was just an update or that it was shipped like that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones