• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help Rooting LG Stylo 2

OK thanks now what does that do when unlock oem

Your device will likely undergo a wipe because not doing so for a bootloader unlock would be a security hole.

Hopefully, you'll get a warning if (that) is going to happen, so pay attention to any prompts you might be presented with.

Upvote 0
OK thanks now what does that do when unlock oem
I don't have this phone. I'm just thinking about getting it. That command unlocks the bootloader so that you can flash a recovery.

I have a Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL from MetroPCS right now and no one can figure out how to unlock the bootloader. That's why I'm looking into this phone even though it has a half a gb of RAM less.

Reactions: roadkill42
Upvote 0
Your device will likely undergo a wipe because not doing so for a bootloader unlock would be a security hole.

Hopefully, you'll get a warning if (that) is going to happen, so pay attention to any prompts you might be presented with.
After boot loader unlocked if I understand right I should b able to get full root not temp right?

Upvote 0
After boot loader unlocked if I understand right I should b able to get full root not temp right?

I'm not an LG Stylo 2 owner, so I've only touched-on the general thoughts/questions in here, so I've no personal experience with rooting this specific device.

If the bootloader is indeed unlockable and you're able to flash custom recoveries (not sure if there's one available for this device or not) or better yet, the boot image, then you've got a good chance of rooting it without needing any "king"-related rooting method.

Modifying the boot.img to support/include root takes some knowledge / work, but is not insurmountable--unless there are other demons/gremlins running on your device that don't like things being updated...

Upvote 0
I'm not an LG Stylo 2 owner, so I've only touched-on the general thoughts/questions in here, so I've no personal experience with rooting this specific device.

If the bootloader is indeed unlockable and you're able to flash custom recoveries (not sure if there's one available for this device or not) or better yet, the boot image, then you've got a good chance of rooting it without needing any "king"-related rooting method.

Modifying the boot.img to support/include root takes some knowledge / work, but is not insurmountable--unless there are other demons/gremlins running on your device that don't like things being updated...
I find out when I get my phone maby by Friday I'm hopping got temp root with king loose root after reboot so I'm hoping

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones