1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help rooting my phone... again..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Recreation, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Recreation

Recreation Member

Anyone who read my previous threads should know my past situation. Anyway, I forgot which I used Z4Root or Gingerbreak. Gingerbreak is taking over 5 mins, does it usually take that long? Z4Root just stops working when I try to root. Which app is best to root Optimus M?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert

did you upgrade to the 2.2.2 android?
    you can use gingerbreak on 2.2.1
    but on the optimus 2.2.2 is not rootable yet.
    however you can downgrade to the 2.2.1 with LGNPST.

3. Recreation

Recreation Member

What's LGNPST?

4. Recreation

Recreation Member

I just checked my phone and yes, it's 2.2.2. I've tried these steps [Guide] Root 2.2.1 and get Data WORKING!!! but it seems to be tons of work. Is this the only way or is there an easier way/method?

5. mystifire2

mystifire2 Well-Known Member

Yes that's the only way just do it a step at a time

6. Recreation

Recreation Member

7. Recreation

Recreation Member

8. tripdoc79

tripdoc79 Android Enthusiast

doubler click the .msi file on a windows based computer to install the drivers.. then plug ur phone in and a little window in teh bottom right corner should pop up saying installing device drivers..

9. Recreation

Recreation Member

When I double click on it the run pop up appears, so I click run then it says preparing to install. I wait and wait but nothing happens. Is there something I'm suppose to do?...

10. Is your phone recognized when you plug it in now?

11. Recreation

Recreation Member

I doubt it. Once ran the file is saved to my computer at Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features. I don't even see no icons nor desktop icons. The only thing that happens when I hook my phone to my pc via usb connection is a pop up message on my phone saying usb connected and asks if I want to turn on usb storage

12. That would mean the driver installed and is working correctly, you can continue with wherever you got stuck in the tutorial you were using. :)

13. Recreation

Recreation Member

I think I had to enable my usb debugging lol. Anywa, it seem to go well. I'm sorry to be a dumb ass but I still have come questions

I downloaded LGNPST, I can extract the files.. but the poster of this quote isn't specific enough for me. Do I extract the files to my pc desktop or my phones?

14. You're not a dumbass for asking. Always Always Always read everything thru and ask questions before you start if you don't understand.

All of these applications are to be installed on your pc, everything in this tutorial is done on the pc with the phone just attached to usb being a paperweight on the desk.

15. Recreation

Recreation Member

Ok, I'm on this part

The problem is that once I run it the LGNTSP page is too big, i cant shrink it nor scroll down..

16. Recreation

Recreation Member

Sorry to double post. But I'm wondering if anyone else had this proble besides me.

17. new optimus

are you running from a normal desktop, full size laptop, or a netbook?

what is the screen resolution of which ever device your running?

18. Recreation

Recreation Member

I found a way thanks. Anyway, I'm here....

When I click the PRL file box below it shows nam1 and nam2. I take it that I have to click on nam1, right? When I click on the file box right of nam1 it takes me to the attachment of this pic. When I select the c:/Drive I dont see anything like 3017nam1. Am I suppose to select MPC_AWS_3014.prl

Attached Files:

19. new optimus

that will work, then after your get service set up you could dial *228 and choose option 5 to update your roaming list.
    Or you could download the newest prl, 3020 and browse to that download location and use it.

20. Recreation

Recreation Member

Ok, thanks to everyones help I'm here

It says open Cmd, do they mean CDMAWorkshop? And where am I suppose to type adb push C:\su /data/local/tmp/ on?

21. new optimus

cmd is command prompt, its the black box that opens.

22. Recreation

Recreation Member

Ok, when I first opened sdk I did this step

Then I installed it. As for cmd, is that the black box that automatically opens when I open sdk windows? If so I tried typeing in it and nothing happens. Am I doing or did something wrong?

23. Recreation

Recreation Member

I'd appreciate if anyone can help me with this last step. People who usually post these guides probably asume that people understand everything, without even speaking in full detail and being very specific.