1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help rooting my s7 edge

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Korythecreator, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Korythecreator

None

Sep 3, 2016
    Male
    I've had experience rooting years ago with older phones and am familiar with the procedure to root. The problem is I'm not familiar with knox and "snapdragon" when I go to my phone details I read this. I
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge US Cellular SM-G935R4 6.0.1 Marshmallow
    m looking at a method to root my phone as we speak but I'm uncomfortable doing it because I'm not sure if it's the right method. Model number, carrier is the same, not sure if I have snapdragon, I don't see it anywhere... is there something else I should be looking for before going through with this procedure or is this the correct method to root my phone
    http://www.androidinfotech.com/2016/07/root-samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-us-cellular.html?m=1

Advertisement

2. Korythecreator

None

Sep 3, 2016
    Male
    Can anybody look into this for me? I really want to get this phone rooted so I can get rid of this bloat and speed things up.

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    So basically someone needs to confirm and reply, that this method does actually work for this version of the S7 Edge.

All I know, it will definitely void the warranty. I've rooted older Samsung devices as well, but nothing with Knox, and not US carrier versions.

4. Korythecreator

None

Sep 3, 2016
    Male
    pretty much, i'm through us cellular my model number is SM-G935R4. I'm just not sure about Snapdragon/knox... some fourms there is "complications" in rooting with snap dragon... I don't even know if i have snapdragon or not lol.. not sure if i have to disable knox or if it automatically gets disabled when rooting..

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge launched in 2016 and was one of two of Samsung's flagship devices. The S7 Edge features a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 323GB of storage, and 12MP main camera sensor.