1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Help rooting Prevail on Ubuntu?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Old_Member, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Old_Member

Old_Member Guest
    None
    Hey! You may know me from the LG Motion forums but that phone took a drown. Now I am using the prevail as my daily phone but I want to root it.

I am running Ubuntu 12.10 (Not the 12.04 LTS) and I want to root this Prevail. I am willing to do anything except install Windows (Yup...)
    So anyone got a guide I can follow?

Note - I do have "Wine" that allows about 75% of Windows .exe files to be opened. So anyone got any fresh ideas that I can do to root this bad boy and install a ROM? (I am desperately in need of a ROM , this phone is slow , I could just root it and install Seeder then I have no lag)

Advertisement

2. vce2005

vce2005 Android Expert
    None

Jun 29, 2012
    Male
    Clovis, NM
    Hi there,

well, since you are not using Windows, you're toast ! ;) The Prevail ONLY ( and I say ONLY again ) can be rooted using ODIN, which is a Windows program !! So without a Windows computer, you're SOOL !!! Might need to go to a friend and borrow their Windows computer and then use this guide :

GUIDE][CTmod] Rooting the Prevail for Dummies (written by a dummy)

Old_Member likes this.
  3. Old_Member

Old_Member Guest
    None
    Well , I ordered the Windows Installation Disc.

I have like only 4 friends that I actually trust but all of them have broken computers except one of them but he doesn't let anyone touch his "Epic laptop" if its a small Dell piece of shiz that costed $80 at the flea market and it can barely open IE8 without waiting 3 minutes.

:( I am getting this phone activated in like a week or so and I am getting a Windows Installation disc by atleast Tuesday.... (I actually Needed windows for Monday which is tomorrow for school but I hope they don't ask for any laptop related activities....)