• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help rooting with Cyanogen!

Hello, so i'm pretty new to these boards, and I couldn't really find any threads that answer my question. I'm also new at rooting btw.

Full Update Guide - G1/Dream Firmware to CyanogenMod - CyanogenMod Wiki

So I was using that guide^ to help me root the phone, and I was at the flashing process, under the sub heading Flash Android1.6 & CyanogenMod latest, and i am on step 5. I can't seem to find that zip file.... :(

all that is displayed on my phone is ota-radio-2_22_19_26I and update-cm-4.3.7.1-sighned, these are the only zip files I can seem to load.

The guide tells me that I should load the zip named signed-dream_devphone_userdebug-ota-14721.zip, but in none of the previous steps does it tell me to download that zip file. It seems that the zip is a combination of the radio image and cyanogen firmware. But I can't find it and I really don't want to brick my phone so any help would be appreciated!

File Download

Due to recent events, CyanogenMod can no longer distribute Google specific apps with his ROMS. The way around this is to download and install the legal Google apps and then install CyanogenMod on top of those apps. The good news is that it works, the bad news is that it requires an extra step or two in the install process.
  1. Download the Android 1.6 Recovery Image (it has "-ota-" in the filename):
  2. Download the latest CyanogenMod ROM for your device:
  3. Put both of these files on your SD card (in zip format)

The link to download it is in FILE DOWNLOAD section step 1. (above where you are on the page). I went to that link and the all the links are broken.

I will keep looking for a link to the correct file or I could try to e-mail it to you. If you want to try you can pm me your e-mail.

Upvote 0
ohh thanks! So i am not the only one with this problem! And thanks for the replies! I didn't think I was descriptive enough and that no one would get what I was saying :p

And yes, I realize that they have a website, but most of the links on there are broken aswell.

And kabbie, could you just post the link on this thread? Like maybe upload the file to Megaupload or something? So that other people with the same problem can be helped aswell :) but if thats against the rules or something, or if you just don't want to, then suure, i'll PM my e-mail to you :)

Upvote 0
I just downloaded the recovery image from the cyanogen website without issue.

Oh never mind wrong recovery image. (stupid naming IMO)

Let me get the link.

Guess I rooted at the right time. The link is most definitely gone while I have a copy on my HD(incase we need it later).

I suspect its either a glitch or they are mad at cyanogen again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones