1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Help rooting with Mac....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lesawag, Apr 17, 2011.

1. lesawag

lesawag Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 16, 2010
    Maintaining peace in my world
    Austin Texas
    Hi all, Im trying to root my daughters evo using a Mac. Everything was going fine except when I clicked on unrevoked3 on her Mac desktop. It says "You cannot use this version of the application Reflash with this version of Mac OS X. What do I do from here?? When I downloaded unrevoked3 I choose the Mac download...Did I screw up somewhere? What do I do next to finish this??

Thanks for the help :)

Advertisement

2. E30Nova

E30Nova Member
    None

Sep 23, 2010
    Machinist
    California
    What version of unrevoked is it? I'll have to check and see what version I used, but I had no problem rooting my Evo on my MacBook.

lesawag likes this.
  3. surfologist87

surfologist87 Android Expert
    None

Jul 27, 2010
    behind you
    What version of OSX are you on?

Click the apple, 'then about this mac', and it will tell you.

I believe, you have to have at least 10.6, if you are on 10.5 it wont open up unrevoked.

I suggest going to best buy and buy the snow leopard update cd for 30 bucks. Its a good update and itll be far easier than messing with windows ;)

Not sure how old your mac is, so just make sure your mac can handle it, i believe it needs at least a gig or so of ram. Minimum requirements are on apples website :)

lesawag likes this.
  4. lesawag

lesawag Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 16, 2010
    Maintaining peace in my world
    Austin Texas
    Thanks so much for the help. I ordered the snow leopard cd, I should have it by next weekend. Oh well, I guess we can wait a week. Thanks for the help. I'm sure you will hear from me next weekend, when I'm confused again. Lol. Thanks again for coming to the rescue, I love this forum, everyone is so helpful. :)

5. QuasarZ

QuasarZ Newbie
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    Also, you will need to go to Safari, preferences, and de-select the option for auto open files. Took forever for me to figure out why my zip files I downloaded would open and not work.

6. surfologist87

surfologist87 Android Expert
    None

Jul 27, 2010
    behind you
    I started using firefox years ago, and havent looked back. I really like it, iThink it runs a little better, and has many different options and plug ins, and you can customize the look with themes :)

OP, glad you got it worked out, just follow the directions and if you have any problems, let us know. Im in and out of here, but most everyone here is very helpful. Hope it works smoothly!

Tags: