1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HELP - S8 Notifications Keep Muting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Erinyes, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Erinyes

Erinyes Lurker

I have searched everywhere for a fix for this so I hope someone can help.
    My S8 keeps self muting my notifications, this is not that I turn them down, no, I have to check to see if they have muted themselves again. I can turn them back on but I never know if they will stay that way.

I have seen "fixes" that require putting the phone in developer mode and clearing caches, but so far nothing sticks. The really annoying thing is there are posts on various forums dating back to 2014!

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix? I just want to be able to know that if I get a text message I will hear a notification.

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Just a guess, but I'd make sure you don't have something set up in your "do not disturb" rules that automatically mutes notifications. That can include timed rules (silence at night) but it can also be set to silence your phone during any calendar alert. If a setting like that has been turned on by accident the phone could restrict notifications at unexpected times, possibly including entire days (if you have all day events in your calendar). My phone (different model) has such rules by default, but not turned on, so it might be worth checking yours.

Erinyes likes this.
  3. Erinyes

Erinyes Lurker

The good news is I have checked my settings for DND & I have not accidentally checked anything I didn't mean to or that I think would cause my notifications to mute indefinitely... The bad news is well... You know...

4. Erinyes

Erinyes Lurker

Just curious, but is anyone else experiencing similar notification muting?

5. Erinyes

Erinyes Lurker

I am getting really fed up of missing text notifications! This is starting to get rediculous.
    I use messenger as my text app as well as for fb messages but even hubs who uses samsung messenger for his texts has the same problem.

I just need a fix for this before I miss another important text message.

6. Compumac

Compumac Newbie

I had this for some time and I have now resolved this and am frantically trying to remember how!.
    I spent weeks on this trying everything and then bingo one of the ways sorted. it out.
    As I do not have this situation present bear with me - If you look at the messages that do not emit a notification there will be a Bell with a strike through line, I seem to recollect that there was an option there to change it, try that and come back, my memory might have improved by then.

Samsung Galaxy S8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews