1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HELP!samsung galaxy s4 keep rebooting wont proceed to home screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by intex009, Oct 27, 2014.

1. intex009

intex009 Lurker

my samsung galaxy s4 wont boot up..it will only show the samsung galxy s4 logo then the black screen and it will vibrate two times then finally it will reboot by itself..and it keep on going like that..can any body help me with that..i've already tried to wipe/restore factory setting but still stuck up on that problem.:(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Hello and welcome to Android forums intex009! :)

Sorry to learn that you are having problems.

If you have already tried wiping the cache partition, (dalvik cache as well, if you are rooted and have a custom recovery), as per #1.2 of Update Problems - Dummies Guide and you have also done a Factory Reset in Recovery then it is time to download and flash, via Odin, the stock Samsung firmware for your model of S4 and CSC code as per the instructions and links in #1.5 of 29 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?

intex009 likes this.
  3. jkweiner

jkweiner Lurker

based on my own problems I would guess that your battery is the problem. check to see if it's swollen or bulging, even if only slightly. it's a known issue that caused my phone to do the same thing.

4. intex009

intex009 Lurker

my phone is not rooted and does not have custom rom..thanks for the advise..i'll try to reflash my phone later once i have a stock firmware :)

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews