• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP!! SBF Failed

droidx2010

Jul 20, 2010
I installed the original Froyo leak (2.3.9) way back when it came out, and haven't done any upgrading since.

I just tried flashing SBF to get back on the OTA upgrade path, and the SBF failed so now I'm stuck. I followed the step by step instructions provided by RoOoLeR here:

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...oot-backup-rom-sbf-overclock.html#post1926055

I'm wondering if maybe I need a different SBF file than he had linked - can anyone tell me what SBF file I should be using???

Additional info - My Bootloader version is 30.01

My phone is basically useless right now so I'd like to get it at least usable as soon as possible!

The status section of RSD says the following:

"Failed flashing process. Interface BP: Error flashing subscriber unit. Device API Error: 0xE0030009 Address: 0xFC000 Command: ADDR (0xE0231009); phone connected."

Phone says:

Bootloader
Err: A5,70,70,00,00

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Upvote 0
Steven,

I downloaded thegift.zip from your link and the zip file didn't extract a sbf file in it. Unlike the other sbf zips I've seen it had folders like patch, preinstall, recovery, system... in it. I searched and didn't see a sbf file in any of the folders.

huh.. lemme check. Strange.

Upvote 0
Droid X Full 2.2 SBF

My B. Wrong file.. download from a link on this page. Sorry. I'm downloading it now to make sure. You see, that's an old droid x build and it's been a long time since I used it. Once you sbf to this, let me know as you need to be upgraded to 2.2.1 asap., but you need this sbf first as there is no direct route from where you are now to where you should be.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones