• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help! Serious email lag.

The built in email app is painfully slow if you don't root your phone and perform the "stall fix". I ultimately went this route and the app is so much faster now, like night and day difference.

If you aren't comfortable rooting and messing around too much with your phone and are just trying to access IMAP or POP3 accounts you can download K9 from the market as a replacement which should give you similar performance improvements.

Upvote 0
The built in email app is painfully slow if you don't root your phone and perform the "stall fix". I ultimately went this route and the app is so much faster now, like night and day difference.

If you aren't comfortable rooting and messing around too much with your phone and are just trying to access IMAP or POP3 accounts you can download K9 from the market as a replacement which should give you similar performance improvements.

I have no problem screwing around with my phone if you'd be kind enough to share instructions how to root the phone and do the stall fix.

thanks,

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones