1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HELP! Set up corporate email account but can't receive messages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mountain, Apr 13, 2011.

1. mountain

mountain Lurker
    None

Apr 13, 2011
    I have a motorola DEFY with android 2.1. I want to set up my corporate email account and receive company emails on this phone.

I go to Corporate Sync and entered all the information (i also verified with IT dept), the account seems to be set up just fine. I got "Success" at the end and tap "Done".

Then I go to Messaging and choose my company email account which I just set up, it tries to sync and get message, then gives me error message "account error" and on the notification dropdown the error message related to this email account says "connection error".

At the same time I am able to receive and send my hotmail just fine, it's not that I don't have connection or signal.

I chat with T-mobile and they suggest reset Tower by taking out battery which I tried and didn't work. They then suggest Master Reset which I have not and don't want to try.

Can anyone suggest anything I can try? It seems pretty straight forward to set up corporate email account on Android 2.1 but i can't get it to work.

Thanks a lot!

Advertisement