1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Help setting up Wifi tether

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jonagpa, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Jonagpa

Jonagpa Newbie
    None

Mar 30, 2010
    I am rooted
    running stock (except for root)
    I downloaded wifi tether 3.1 from android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting
    gave it permissions
    the app seems to start and you can see Downloaded and uploaded data count but its all 0s
    I tried a few different device profiles but then in failed to start so I set it back to Auto
    I also tried Route fixing in the settings.
    Android version 2.3.5
    build b08

One thing I did notice is that my super user app was outdated, it gave me a notification. Once you click on it it ask if you want to update the SU binaries, which i tried but it kept failing. I read somewhere to try and update the app first through the app market. So now I have the latest app but when you go to options you can still see the binaries are 2.3.1-ef the app version is v3.0.7.

I do not think the superuser update has anything to do with it because it still gives the permission to the tether app.

any help would be appreciated.

Edit: if someone knows of a free app that works and has a widget that can help too

Advertisement

2. evoguy404

evoguy404 Newbie
    None

Feb 5, 2012
    Mobile sells & Repair
    Moon-All of Space
    I'm having the same problems.......hope we find a fix soon.

3. walpow

walpow Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 23, 2011
    I can't help with the tethering, but you can get rid of the notification for the binaries by starting up Superuser and going into the preferences. Down near the bottom is Outdated binary notification. Turn it off.

4. TheTenthLetter

None

Jan 9, 2012
    Burlington, VT
    Wireless Tether 2.0.7 works great on my Warp (b08, rooted, stock rom)... try clearing the cache in Manage Apps>Wireless Tether, uninstalling, and re-installing.... perhaps your installation was wonky.

5. prmax

prmax Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 20, 2011
    Male
    IT Manager
    Florida

Same here, (b08, rooted, stock) no issues with WT 2.0.7. I did do the superuser and binary update, but it also worked before the update. Just no tested to make sure it still works.