• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [HELP] "Sleep of Death" when not on wifi.

dahueske

Lurker
Jun 13, 2012
I've had this problem since I got this phone in the beginning of June on stock. I rooted and used Mobsters Rom since then. (Rom is awesome btw!). The problem still persists and I could find nothing on how to fix it with Google. Whenever I'm not on wifi the phone can randomly turn off, and need a battery pull to turn back on. Any help would be great. Thanks!
EDIT:I'm s-on.

I've had this problem since I got this phone in the beginning of June on stock. I rooted and used Mobsters Rom since then. (Rom is awesome btw!). The problem still persists and I could find nothing on how to fix it with Google. Whenever I'm not on wifi the phone can randomly turn off, and need a battery pull to turn back on. Any help would be great. Thanks!
EDIT:I'm s-on.

Are you using Setcpu? Are you overclocked? You say the phone randomly turned off? Did it reboot? Or just turn off? Was the screen back light still on?

Upvote 0
I was using set CPU, but stopped a week or so ago. The phone is clocked to the standard set in the ROM. And yes, it just randomly shuts off. No back light, just off. The phone works perfectly otherwise.

It says its clocked to 1.7 so, from my experience, all cpu's aren't made the same. Some can be clocked high, and some just can't so, you may need to clock it back down and mess with the settings. That might be whats causing it.

Reactions: dahueske
Upvote 0
I have similar problems randomly but not having to do with wifi, where sometimes the lock screen will become unresponsive if i don't succeed in unlocking it the first time, and then i can never get back to it once the screen turns off, pushing power won't bring it back, etc.

But the phone is definitely still on because if someone sends me a text or something it still shakes. And if someone calls me, the screen will light up and maybe i can answer it... not sure.

Anyway it sounds similar but probably not the exact same problem. Mine is on midnight rom right now but I was on mobster v before.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones