• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP: Spica shuts off by itself

I am having serious problem with galaxy spica (i5700). The phone shuts off by itself randomly. Sometimes it won't start again by hardpress also. I have to take out battery and keep it idle for sometime, and then try again. It happens almost everyday. Haven't rooted or upgraded to 2.1.
- Is this a hardware issue or a software glitch?
- Have a lot of applications installed, could there be a malicious application causing this?
- Whats the way-out? does upgrade to 2.1 solve this?

Thanks in advance!

I have exactly the same problem, same symptoms etc... my relatively new (6 weeks old) Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700 shuts down for no reason, did anyone else find this and resolve it? I have loads of apps too.
I thought i was running something that killed the battery life as it would not start up immediately.

I would be willing to try rooting it and going to froyo, but am new to this. Will have to do a little more reading first.

Any help would be appreciated!
thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones