• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP! stuck on recovery

Thanks for reading,

I was in the process of selling my ZTE Score M when I accidentally reset factory defaults and also formatted SD card with my CWM backups

i can get into the clockworkmod recovery screen but when i download custom roms such as the ones from the playfuldroidz wiki they will install ok from CWM but when the phone restarts it boots up only to keep restarting itself

I have tried this so many times now and i am so confused as to what to do.

this has happened to me with a galaxy S as well but i just used odin to flash it back to stock

which i would be willing to do in this case if possible

PLEASE someone help!

another quick question.. would it be possible to use someone elses CWM backup files to restore ?

Ok to start the problem is that all the roms for the score_m were made before the phone updated so if you've updated your phone they will not work without the updated boot image. Same thing happened with the cricket version which is why I posted a warning for cricket users.

Unfortunately I do not have a metro phone so can't help much but here's what you can do

Yes you can use someone else's CWM backup however if someone does upload one for ya they should have updated their phone and done a factory reset before makin a backup so you don't get there data ;)

However you could also visit the zte website and they have a zip of the last update posted for the metro score. You should be able to install that and it will return you to stock including recovery I believe ;)

You should also be able to take the boot image from the update that zte has posted and put it in any rom zip and that rom should work for ya then as well ;)

Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0
I was able to download the update zip from ZTE website.. I couldn't get it installed for some reason i tried renaming it update.zip, I also tried replacing the boot.img file in one of the custom roms with the one update from ZTE and it keeps giving me and error when trying to install o nthe phone it looks like it going to flash in CWM but then it says installation aborted

Upvote 0
Ok i guess i was zipping the file incorrectly because i would end up with a zip file with a folder in it with the boot.img and everything

so i finally zipped it correctly with the boot.img from the ZTE UPDATE zip i got from ZTEUSA.com

and i put it on SD and installed with CWM and now it works again!

thanks so much stedman420 and I hope this helps anybody else with this problem.

CASE CLOSED! lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones