• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP!!! Stuck on white HTC quietly brilliant screen

umrico

Mar 17, 2010
So I am on fresh 2.1b2 as of yesterday and without any problems. Today I used the pre-kitchen 0.2 to install applications footprints, IM, Quick Office, Sound Recorder and Sprint TV. It finished and rebooted the phone and now ist suck on the white htc quielty brilliant screen. What do I do? Sigh...

Are you able to boot into recovery?

17.How do I boot into Recover Mode from Power Off?
a.

1) Pull Battery (If necessary and stuck in a loop)
2) Press and hold the "Home" button
3) Continue holding "Home" while pressing and releasing the "Power" button

If so you can try this:

Boot into recovery. If you have the ROM zip file still on your phone, you should be able to do a wipe and then flash it again. If you don't have it on your phone, you can enable USB, put the signed zip (ROM) on your sd card, disable USB, wipe and try flashing it again.

Let us know what happens.

Here is info on the RUU:

3.If I root my phone, can I go back to the original stock settings?
a.Yes. In order to do this you need to download the RUU from here:
Download: RUU_Hero_C_Sprint_1.56.651.2 signed release.exe Geek For Me

Reactions: umrico
Upvote 0
No offense, I think the apps you just put in are the least of your worries :).

If they are apps you paid for, you will not have to pay again, they are tied to your google account. You will however have to re-install your apps, yes.

Make sure you WIPE as stated.

Oh that is going to hurt.....

I only have one app that I paid for nothing illegal as I don't even know how.

Is there not one or two things to try like clearing a cache or something or uninstalling the programs somehow before starting over??? :/

If not, Ill go ahead and pull the trigger...thanks for your help

Upvote 0
One last question please...I have RA 1.5.2...should I go ahead and update to the latest 1.6.2? If so, how do I do that? I already have it on SD card. Do I click on "flash zip from sdcard?" Or do I have to do this from windows command line and follow the guide that I followed to originally hack this?

Thanks!!!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Also, as a pointer/tip, I really wouldn't recommend installing a ton of apps to begin with and here is why. Each app is different, some are good others not so much. Many people root their phone, install a ton of apps, and then complain about battery life or something else. Usually, this is a result of a faulty or bad app. I recommend only installing a few at a time, and make sure you phone is stable.

Also, many have reported that there is a 70app limit, so I would NOT go over that as it has been known to cause issues as well :)

Upvote 0
Also, as a pointer/tip, I really wouldn't recommend installing a ton of apps to begin with and here is why. Each app is different, some are good others not so much. Many people root their phone, install a ton of apps, and then complain about battery life or something else. Usually, this is a result of a faulty or bad app. I recommend only installing a few at a time, and make sure you phone is stable.

Also, many have reported that there is a 70app limit, so I would NOT go over that as it has been known to cause issues as well :)

I have 106 in my excel sheet including all the stock apps that come in the applications screen such as settings, camera, recorder, etc... most of which get installed :(

Upvote 0
Is this still only for GSM phones only? I just bumped into a thread stating no Sprint. I am surprised I didnt see that comment anywhere else though. I almost loaded it...

recovery-RA-heroc-v1.6.2.img

Disregard at the top of this one particular page it says [Recovery] CDMA Sprint [07-Mar-2010] RA-heroc-v1.6.2 .....how confusing the information ou tthere is!!! Now I have to install it.

Upvote 0
OK...so I got the 1.6.2 in....I downloaded a terminal emulator and popped in su and the command to put the new RUU image in. 0 probs! My next objective is to use apps2SD. Does this come with the phone or not? I have already partitioned the SD card for 1 gig/15 gig ext2/fat32. If apps2SD is not installed, I need to figure out how to do it!!!

Upvote 0
You may have to RUU. Always make a nandroid backup, it is part of the tutorial :)

As a side note, pre-kitchen works with Fresh 1.1 and some other 1.5 ROM's. It does NOT work with 2.1 ROM's (this is stated somewhere).

pre kitchen works fine on fresh rom 2.0 2.0b and 2.0b2 also damage control 1.0 havent tried any others but it works fine to push files and apps back to the phone .....always a good idea to reboot phone after pushing each app back

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones