1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Help.. stuck with no rom, and can't install any zip through recovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lxrubin, Jan 18, 2014.

1. lxrubin

lxrubin Lurker
    None

Feb 21, 2012
    Firstly, I'm very new to the LG Spectrum. I bought it used and plan to use it as a wifi only "media" device.

I got it rooted and installed CW using one of the guides in the sticky. Next I installed Cyanogenmod (latest stable version), and installed the TWRP .zip (I was already used to it from my old phone) that was found in the sticky through CW recovery. Everything worked, but I was getting a slightly odd bug when when I touched my screen, sometimes random areas would also touch. This was especially annoying when entering passwords.

I decided to try the latest AOKP rom instead, so I went into the new TWRP recovery and wiped everything, including the system, and tried to install the new rom, but it just re-starts the recovery without any error or message. I tried installing other .zip's like the cyan rom, a different version or TWRP and CW and I get "assert failed" errors. I tried to re-copy the files using an sd reader, and inserting the sd into a different phone and connecting it to the computer. Now I'm stuck with a recovery that wont install anything :(. Actually, I tried installing GAPPS just for the hell of it, and that seems to have worked, but doesn't really help me...

This is the error I get when trying to re-install cm10.1.3
    Code (Text):
    2. installing 'sdcard/cm-10.1.3-vs920.zip'...
    3. chevking for MD5 file...
    4. Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
    5. assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "vs920" || getprop("ro.bu
    6. E: Error in sdcard/cm-10.1.3-vs920.zip
    7. (Status 7)
    8. Error flashing zip 'sdcard/cm-10.1.3-vs920.zip'
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this? BTW, I'm using TWRP 2.4.0.0alpha

Advertisement

2. HueyT

HueyT Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 26, 2013
    bones420la likes this.
  3. Neph81

Neph81 Android Expert
    None

Mar 3, 2012
    Male
    Wisconsin
    I second HueyT's answer. The TWPR you flashed, most likely has a bad device name, in the build.prop. , and judging from the reboot error, a bad recovery script as well. Let us know if you run into any issues, once you flash that new zip.

bones420la likes this.
  4. lxrubin

lxrubin Lurker
    None

Feb 21, 2012
    Thank you SOOOO much!
    I read in the TWRP - Specrum thread that I shouldn't have formatted using TWRP, which I did. So I re-formatted the SD card with GParted, and installed the CWM without any issues. I re-loaded the Cyanogenmod rom and all is well. Plus the bug I described before seems to be gone too.

Thanks again! I'm gonna stop messing with it now and just use the phone.

5. John Bloch

John Bloch Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    You can have TWRP and update if you delete the getprop lines in the updater-script file

Tags: