1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help! Task Manager resets launcher?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Polish Actuary, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Polish Actuary

None

Dec 1, 2011
    I have looked all over and cannot seem to find any threads relating to this. I installed the Go launcher EX to replace the stock launcher about a month ago and have had no issues with it until about a week ago.

Whenever I go into "Task Manager", it appears to reset my default launcher setting so I am forced to select a new launcher everytime. This as you can imagine gets a tad bit annoying and repetitive!!

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I have tried uninstalling Go launcher EX and reinstalled but still have the same issue. Any thoughts??

Advertisement

2. mrcminnesota

mrcminnesota Member
    None

Sep 26, 2011
    I often get the message to choose default launcher and I only use the stock ones (like TW) - I did report this to Sprint. Haven't been able to determine a scenario as to why

3. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Android Expert
    None

It will keep doing this until you download Home Switcher and choose which launcher you want to use as default.

4. adaaaam

adaaaam Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 25, 2010
    Male
    San Francisco
    The question is why his phone does this whereas others like mine with Go Launcher doesn't.

5. Polish Actuary

None

Dec 1, 2011
    To anyone interested, I was not able to locate the issue. I bit the bullet and took it into the Sprint store knowing that their solution would be to restore it to factory settings... which did help the issue. I have reinstalled GO launcher and everything appears to be working. As I reinstall my old apps I will keep an eye on this issue to try and identify if it was one of the apps or updates that I installed. Will post more info if I am successful in finding it.

6. aquaholik

aquaholik Lurker
    None

Oct 13, 2011
    Your problem is not task manager resetting your launcher. It is long pressing the home button to bring up task manager. There has been over 2 dozens threads about that issue over the last years. See this thread that will link you to other thread:

Long press home kills default launcher - xda-developers

I have that exact problem and tried many of the so called solutions including resetting the phone twice and rooting and flashing new rom. Eventually, long pressing the home button will break the default launcher setting. You will have to specify it and set as default and it will work for a while. Until you long press the home button again.

The only solution that works for me is rooting the phone and renaming all the other launcher so that I only have one launcher. I prefer twlauncher so I rename the other launchers to .bak instead of .apk. Now no more problem. I can long press the home button as often as I please.