• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help the forums by seeding firmware torrents

Sepero

Linux Guru
Aug 26, 2010
The forum is having problems supplying firmwares to people due to lack of hosting. On suggestion from sammyz, I have created this thread to request forum volunteers to help make these firmware available.

All you have to do is download a firmware torrent, and make sure it keeps uploading to help seed it to other people. The more volunteers, the better. Even people with slow internet helps.

Yes, the initial seeding is going to be slow, but this is needed. Seeding will be faster later as more people help.

If a person already has the firmware downloaded, they could help speed up the initial seeding by doing this:

1. Get the torrent started, and start downloading the file.
  2. Pause the torrent program.
  3. Delete and replace the file that your torrent is downloading with a copy of your already downloaded firmware.
  4. Turn your torrent program back on.
  5. It should resume at 100% downloaded, and immediately start seeding.

Upvote 0
@DocBlue
We are trying to get a long term solution to the problem we are having. So while your personal dropbox links are appreciated, I think they may not be the option we are looking for. Thanks for offering.

Until download speeds get faster on the torrents, I do appreciate it :D thanks DocBlue!! :thumbup:
Edit: @Sepero, can you rename the thread "Help the forums by seeding firmware torrents"? Thanks :)

Reactions: DocBlue
Upvote 0
i'll seed all the effing time if it actually downloads for me

i'll use my work computer and leave it on all the time...

Also i'm uploading the E version of the KDZ right now...as soon as it's finished i'll post the torrent file

ALSO...VERY IMPORTANT TO ALL WHO SEED
go to the options/properties of the torrent and make sure you set the seed ratio to either unlimited or above 5.00...that will give it more seeds to DL from...

I am setting them all to "Seed Regardless of Ratio" on my downloads/uploads

Upvote 0
Seed the KDZ files too if you want :)

Lets get this started people :D
We could definitely seed both cab and kdz files, but for the sake of simplicity and long term persistence, it would seem to make more sense to mainly seed one type or the other.

Now I started this thread by seeding the cab files, and the reason is because those are what are expected from the start of the unbrick/unroot guide instructions. If we are going to do primarily kdz instead, there may need to be a note about that in the guide.

So far it seems that people may favor kdz over cab. I personally do not care whether cab or kdz files are seeded, but I do think a primary file type should be chosen. Perhaps it would be best to get a vote or something on this. Since sammyz is the author of the guide, I think he should be the one to make decision on how to handle this.

Upvote 0
Also i'm uploading the E version of the KDZ right now...as soon as it's finished i'll post the torrent file

For anyone with intentions of creating new torrents, be sure to include at least 3 trackers in the torrent file creation. Here are the trackers I'm using:
udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80
udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80
udp://tracker.ccc.de:80
udp://tracker.istole.it:80

Upvote 0
I'm dlding and seeding. Ttorrent will seed files as you download them.
nameja9a.jpg

6seeds at all times.

Sent from my mind using an LG ms770

Reactions: sammyz and twogbsd
Upvote 0
Ok, sammyz and I have discussed the situation about the kdz vs cab, and the winner is: kdz

Because of this, the links in the OP have changed to kdz files. Unfortunately, this means the old links have been removed and will not be used in the unbrick/unroot guide, but better to correct things now than later.

All the firmware are now posted in kdz format- C thru F

We need to keep this going, so Big thanks to all our volunteers.

Reactions: sammyz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones