1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help! Themes, 4G and 3G, WIFI

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Burglapfd, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Burglapfd

Burglapfd Lurker
    None

Sep 6, 2011
    Hello everyone! :) Well i have a couple questions, they could be very 'beginner-ish' but I've never owned a droid or a smartphone before my lovely bionic so I'm not entirely sure about anything. Well to start off, when i am home my 4G will have 1 bar of signal one minute then will automatically switch to 3G and have like 3 bars or so, is that normal? Next i dont know if its a problem with the wifi i have at home but whenever my bionic is connected to wifi it keeps turning off or disconnecting itself so whenever i am browsing the web or market it'll say no connection then a few seconds later itll connect agian! Sometimes it just gets too much that i turn wifi off and stay on my 3G/4G connection. I have tried setting my bionic to performance mode but no help. I believe that it isn't my wifi's problem because i use my laptop and i am never disconnected from the internet. Finally i downloaded an app called "ADW launcher" or something along those lines after toying around with it for a little i decided to download a theme. Then with a couple more minutes invested into playing with it i decided i didnt like it and uninstalled it. My question is now when i hold my finger on the screen to get the "Add to Home Screen" menu and click wallpaper i get options saying 'DarkEdge Walls' (the theme i downloaded), "Gallery", "Live Wallpapers", and "Wallpapers" i would like to know how i could go along and delete the 'DarkEdge Wallpaper' option. Thanks for taking your time to read, i look foward to reading your answers. :D

Advertisement

2. Member113588

Member113588 Guest
    None
    As for the theme you can get rid of that by going to Menu->Settings->Applications and find the theme and uninstall.

As for the 4G/3G I'm assuming your phone is trying to stay on 4G as much as possible, but you probably have a 3G tower closer than the nearest 4G tower. So when you drop 4G it looks like you have a better signal with 3G. Now I don't know for sure but I would think jumping back and fourth all the time like that would be good at draining your battery. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong) But so if you don't need the 4G I would just disable it when you don't need it.