1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HELP - Themes

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bozz5384, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Bozz5384

Bozz5384 Well-Known Member

Sorry for the n00b type question, but I still don't understand this totally.

I recently rooted my Charge (yesterday) but am still using the stock ROM. If I want to put a theme on my phone to get rid of the pooo pooo brown that Samsung stuck us with, HOW do I do it?

It appears most if not all the ROM's I could load on here (custom) would change the theme, but is there a way to just add a different theme without a custom ROM?

Like I said, sorry if this is a dumb n00b question but I have read and read and still am not clear.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ztkryan

ztkryan Lurker

Not a noob question at all we all have to start somewhere. To get the poopy theme changed you will need to flash a deodexed rom onto your phone. Currently for gingerbread EP4D you have three main options:

Custom Rom:

imnuts InfinityROM

[12-11-11][ROM][EP4D] InfinityROM - xda-developers

Tweak Stock:

dwitherell's Tweak Stock

[Ep4D][Rom][Cwm][Odin]TweakStock v1.0 - RootzWiki

Stock Rom:

dwitherell's Deodexed Stock

[EP4D][Stock][CWM][Odin]Full Odexed and Deodexed Stock - xda-developers

The first two ROMS have already modified the stock theme the last option gives you the ability to flash EP4D themes via CWM. My recommendation would be to first flash CWM onto your phone and make a nandroid backup first just in case anything goes wrong.

Clock Work Mod can be found here:

[KERNEL]ClockworkMod Recovery - RootzWiki

Bozz5384 and dwitherell like this.
  3. Bozz5384

Bozz5384 Well-Known Member

Hmmm... reading up on InfinityROM now and might have to go that direction. Wish I could see some good screen shots of what it looks like, but don't see any so far in their thread.

Samsung Droid Charge Forum

The Samsung Droid Charge release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1600mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews