1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HELP to disable sms notification.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Aksknt87, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Aksknt87

Aksknt87 Lurker

I have disabled SMS notifications but I cant disable this sms notification (see file)

Advertisement

2. Best Answer:
    Post #8 by lunatic59, Oct 29, 2018 (1 points)
  3. Aksknt87

Aksknt87 Lurker

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Looks like you have multiple message apps.

On modern Android versions only the default SMS app should produce notifications. If you have an older Android version you need to disable notifications within each SMS app you have installed. Can you tell us a bit more about your setup?

5. Aksknt87

Aksknt87 Lurker

I have an LG G6. With android 7.0 Nougat

I have GO sms and the default messaging app.
    Notifications are deactivated for the default messaing app. Only go sms should be active.
    In go sms i have pop up notifications disabled so i should only get the not. Icon.

I tried removing the go sms app. And using only default messaging app with notifications disabled and this still happens but with only one bubble.

6. Aksknt87

Aksknt87 Lurker

I also went into general settings > notifications > apps.
    Searched for both default messaging app and the go sms. Blocked both notifications. And theese pop ups still appear when i get an sms.

7. Aksknt87

Aksknt87 Lurker

I uninstalled gosms. Disabled notifications for the default app. And this still shows. Even with no notification icon on the top left corner Capture+_2018-10-29-00-04-59.png

8. nixonsherrie

nixonsherrie Newbie

All you need to do is to delete alternative messaging apps and connected mobile apps. like messenger which can store your device sms.

9. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

I have a G6 and I can tell you that is not Default behavior. You notifications look like they are being handled through a third party app. Which launcher is your default?

10. Aksknt87

Aksknt87 Lurker

Its called "Go launcher"

11. Aksknt87

Aksknt87 Lurker

I uninstalled all messaging apps. Only the default android one remains. And still that happens

12. Aksknt87

Aksknt87 Lurker

You were right. Its the launcher. I switched to default launcher and it stopped.

Thank you!

lunatic59 likes this.