• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help to restore a backup of my apps please

rhod

Oct 26, 2010
hi i have just had my phone back from the insurers, done my update and ready to get my apps running again. Before I sent it off I used app monster ti create a backup of all my apps. It stored the backup on my sdcard and now i need to restore them. I tried to install app monster to restore them but its not giving me the option to restore...perhaps i need the paid version? does anyone know of a way to restore my apps without having to pay for a market app. yes, i know, i'm a cheap ass

thanks

Yeah your a cheap ass lol :D and no the only backup system I know lets you restore without purchase is Titanium backup but that needs root to operate. Dunno if they are both compatible with each other (doubt it) but might be worth a try, bearing in mind that each app will still need to be installed one by one with that otherwise just buy the app and show your appreciation to the Dev for commiting to Android and helping your ass in this situation. ;)

Upvote 0
Yeah your a cheap ass lol :D and no the only backup system I know lets you restore without purchase is Titanium backup but that needs root to operate. Dunno if they are both compatible with each other (doubt it) but might be worth a try, bearing in mind that each app will still need to be installed one by one with that otherwise just buy the app and show your appreciation to the Dev for commiting to Android and helping your ass in this situation. ;)

haha cheers, all sorted now. just decided to write down all the apps then install one by one. done i half hour not too bad

Upvote 0
Hey I have a question. So I'm going from a captivated to a HTC Inspire. And I don't want to root. But I do have some photos and files that are saved on titanium backup in my vault free app. Is there a way to get those off of there and on my new phone without having to root?

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones