• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Help! Transfer file over wifi remotely

tmboredi

Lurker
Aug 31, 2011
Hi all, I'm working on a project which uses an android phone as a gps tracker and remote camera which i can control remotely via WIFI using my computer.
At first I was thinking of using a VNC app to directly gain control of the phone but this isn't really what i need. The computer is talking to the phone, but the phone isn't talking back to the computer (if you know what i mean lol). I need a way to retrieve data (download) such as images and GPS readings from the phone to the computer. I don't think I'm supposed to be developing an android application right? I need something like a command prompt which gives me replies to my queries. Can someone point me to the correct direction as to where i should begin? Thanks a lot.. it's been a big headache for me.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones