1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help! Trouble restoring!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by angiembfl, Aug 10, 2012.

1. angiembfl

angiembfl Well-Known Member

Tired of trying to figure out what my problem was with not being able to receive calls from my husband I decided to restore an older backup. So, I restarted into recovery, and restored. Everything was going well but now it's stuck on a screen that says
    "ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.8
    Checking MD5 sums...
    Restoring system...
    Restoring data...
    dalvik-cache"

And it's not doing anything now. Is there something wrong or is it done? What to do now?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. angiembfl

So. It seems to be stuck. No matter what buttons I push nothing happens. Should I try a battery pull? Then what? Will it completely be ruined if it's not completely restored?

3. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Did you wipe data and cache before restoring?

4. angiembfl

Nope, sure didn't. I knew I was forgetting something. I did a battery pull and when it turned it it's booted up with the stock Motorola everything. I still have the SU icon in my menu though. Am I still rooted or do I have to do that all over again?

5. angiembfl

Anyone out there today? :)

6. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

You will have to re-root.

7. angiembfl

I was truly hoping that wasn't the case. I remember it being easy enough. It's just been a while. Thanks.

8. angiembfl

I went back through the root process again and it said it was successful. But my phone still looked exactly the same when it booted. When I hold down the power button I do not have to option to get into recovery to flash the CM7 rom. What is going on? What to do now? Am I missing a step somewhere?

9. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

You aren't on .621 are you?

10. angiembfl

No, .605. I double check in my settings, afraid that I updated it somehow. But nope, still .605.

11. Savagerun

Savagerun Newbie

You just need the droid2 bootstrap app to get in recovery to install a rom. Sounds like your just rooted on the stock rom therefore you won't have the option to get into recovery from the power button.

12. angiembfl

Thanks. I thought you may be on to something since I remember having to do that. So, I found the apk on my sd card and installed it. When I open it and hit bootstrap recovery if says "Failure: /data/data/com.koushikdutta.droid2.bootstrap/files/surunner.sh (Permission denied)"
    What now?

13. angiembfl

Do I maybe need to SBF? I keep seeing this and I've never had to do it. I can't tell if my phone is still rooted. I have the superuser app still but can only get into stock recovery. My life is pretty much on this phone and I need to figure out what to do. If I can't keep root then I need to know and I'll just use it unrooted.

14. Savagerun

Savagerun Newbie

Doesn't sound like your rooted. Get the Root Checker app from playstore that will tell you if you are. You can use d3 one click root or zergrush to get yourself rooted if your not http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/g...g/35634-gb-602-root-start-here-links-all.html if you want to start from a clean slate and sbf just use the KDS 4.5.605 iso with built in root method. That's the easiest way to sbf and root. Here's a link to that method http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/d...-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews