1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HELP!!!! Two Day Old Android Optimus M CDMA Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rumbanana, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Rumbanana

Rumbanana Lurker
    None

Jul 10, 2011
    Hello all! I am new to the forums and have a huge problem with my two-day-old Metro PCS LG Optimus M. I've had some programs custom built for my web design business and I needed to root the phone to remove excess bloatware in order to install them.

The issue that I am facing is that the rooting process has erased almost all of the essential data from my phone such as MEID, esn, and even spc code! The worst part about it is that I don't even think that the phone is even rooted correctly!

I've tried every forum I could find and read the instructions word by word to no avail. I've downloaded all of the essential programs such as CDMA Workbench, DFS, QXDM, and QPST to try to write the MEID and other essential data.

Almost all of the tutorials I've found follow almost the same format as the link below:
    http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-...-restore-service-if-youve-lost-your-meid.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated and paid pack in return, thanks for your help in advance!

Advertisement

2. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    This does not help right this minute, but once you are able to get it back to stock, then you can just use Gingerbreak to root. The long drawn out process for version 2.2.1 is no longer needed.

Rumbanana likes this.
  3. Rumbanana

Rumbanana Lurker
    None

Jul 10, 2011
    Thanks so much for the info, I just found that out and it is rooted correctly now at least! My issue was that I was using Z4Root and it did something funky to my phone, then I decided with the drawn out process. At least I know that it's rooted now. Now just to take care of the MEID, ESN, etc. Thanks again!

4. Rumbanana

Rumbanana Lurker
    None

Jul 10, 2011
    So it seems as if the MEID and ESN hex values are right, but the rest of the info is wrong (MDN, Digital MIN, Analog MIN) and when I go into the -Settings>About Phone>Status- All of the fields (My Phone Number, MIN, MEID HEX, MEID DEC, Network, Mobile Network Type) all are reporting as "Unknown". I'm getting closer, but still no cigar! Thanks for your help in advance!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Rumbanana

Rumbanana Lurker
    None

Jul 10, 2011
    I will donate to whomever can solve my question thanks!

6. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Android Expert
    None

Tags: