1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support help un-syncing facebook on my htc evo 4g!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by J Crew, Jul 28, 2010.

1. J Crew

J Crew New Member

Jul 28, 2010
    i just bought the htc evo 4g yesterday... and it's an amazing phone! this is my first droid and i already love it a thousand time better than my blackberry touch. i was messing with the sync options last night and selected to sync with my facebook account. i didn't realize that it was going to sync every single persons birthday and anniversary into my calander!!! how the heck to i un-do these facebook calendar events? please help... i have like 300 birthdays in my calendar that i don't want. thanks for the time and help.

Advertisement

2. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    Its not a Droid, you are on Sprint not Verizon.

If you just want to clear Facebook from the calendar, go into the calendar, hit Menu-More-Calendars and uncheck Facebook. Oh, and FYI, this has been talked about at least 10 times in the past week on here. Do a search.

3. J Crew

J Crew New Member

Jul 28, 2010
    don't be a ****. i did a search and couldn't find it. i hope this forums isn't full of a-holes like yourself.

4. silverrocket

silverrocket Member

May 3, 2010
    All I can see is unchecking Facebook sync but I can't see any way to manage the different parts

5. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Haven't used Sense since forever, but you could try going into Settings -> Accounts & Sync and deleting your FB account.

6. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    That would delete his whole facebook account on the phone. I believe he wants Facebook to sync, just not with the calendar.

Sorry if it came off rude, but I did a search for "facebook calendar" in the Evo forum, and found three threads in 5 seconds with the answer to your question. It just gets really annoying having the same few questions asked in a new thread every single day. That's why the search feature is there.

7. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor

Oct 4, 2009
    Male
    Database Programmer, Sprint Advocate
    Queens, NY
    Alright folks, consider this my freebie of the day, but even if someone comes off looking a bit rude, there is no need for name calling as a response. Next time infraction will be given out.

Inappropriate comments have been stricken out.

TS

8. J Crew

J Crew New Member

Jul 28, 2010
    apologize for the name calling, its over now. I've already in-since the facebook, but the calendar events are still there. I want to know how to get them gone? Thanks again.

9. dacandroid

dacandroid New Member

Jan 7, 2011
    I am having the same problem - any answers?

10. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    Did you read ANY of this thread?

Tags: