• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help! Unable to SBF my Droid X

myriamb

Lurker
Nov 26, 2013
I need some new ideas to be able to SBF my phone successfully before my battery dies. I am not a technically savvy person but spent some time reading tutorials/posts on your forum and online trying to figure things out.
I bought my Droid X in January 2013 from Amazon and it was used but in good condition. I activated it with PagePlus and it worked fine up until last week when I got stuck on the Motorola logo. I tried everything to reset my phone without any success thus decided it was time to SBF it.
Unfortunately, I do not know on which version it was running (big mistake!).

-I deactivated the phone and switched service back to my old Palm Pixi Plus (not fun!)
-Bootloader version is 30.04
-I am using the original Motorola USB cables.
-My battery was full before my attempts so it should be in good shape.
-My computer OS is Window XP.
-I downloaded the latest Motorola Drivers.
-I downloaded the RSD Lite version 5.7
-I downloaded the 602, 605 and 621 SBF files from the site maintained by 1kds. It took a long time but I was able to extract the SBF files to my desktop.
-I uploaded the MD5 checker from CNET. When trying to perform the check, I wasn't able to get a match to the specific version of the sbf file but I am suspecting I might not have been able to use the tool properly. There is not too many places/sources where you can download those SBF files.

-First, I tried to SBF the 605 version. RSD lite said that it passed but I received the bootloader error A5, 70, 70, 00, 1F.
-Next, I tried to SBF the 602 version and I received a critical error DEA1 message and after removing the battery I was back to the bootloader screen with errors.
-Last, I tried to SBF the 621 version and now I am stuck with a Code Corrupt message.

What should I do next? I need help tackling this issue from a new perspective because I am not ready to give up. Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones