• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help unbrick my motorola android phone please

Hello, my Motorola e Android phone got hard bricked and it began suddenly with the first error message being constant boot looping and eventually going to an error message with an adroid on its back where it said partition was corrupt or damaged and the only choices were try again or factory reset. I kept trying again.

I tried to fix it and eventually ended up stuck on ap fastboot flash mode(secure) and it says oem locked.

I gave up trying to do it myself and want to factory reset but recovery mode won't work even if I press it, says that start up failed and goes back to fastboot mode. It's stuck.

Serial number is ZY22DLT4R and last letter is a V or W, can't tell.

I dont know to flash or custom rom. Tried a few but I only have windows 10 on my PC and it didn't install drivers properly and I need this phone fixed ASAP . I think I'm considered a newbie.

I also need to know if it's too far gone so I'm prepared to buy another crappy phone and lose all my data. I don't have days/weeks to learn tutorials about how to mod, etc.

I don't know if my bootloader is locked or unlocked.

Please help.

ok so looks like you have a corrupt partition and that is why its in a loop. the only way is to re-flash a firmware.

i found this site:

but i can't speak on how authentic it is. it should have a link to the firmware, a tool to flash it, and a guide on how to flash it.

i have never owned a moto phone before....only sammy phones have i owned. but this should hopefully get you back to a working phone again.

Reactions: Hadron and AugieTN
Upvote 0
Thanks a lot, I think your suggestion should work and if it doesn't, it's probably over my head and I likely will need to buy another cheap phone and lose my data.

My phone was on and connected to WiFi and Ifell asleep next to it. I turned it on and it went into boot loop, landing on error message saying partition was corrupt. I was also beta testing an unsigned app. That's how it all started.

A YouTube video suggested tapping on screen, putting in freezer, massaging screen, and I tried those and it still didn't work.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
..... where it said partition was corrupt or damaged and the only choices were try again or factory reset. I kept trying again.

That error message is a possible indicator of the problem -- your Moto phone is likely to have a hardware error, the internal storage chip has failed. All the things you've tried are software solutions, things that won't and can't repair a hardware problem.
Given you've stated you don't want to go through the process of flashing an appropriate firmware, which 'might' be a solution that clears up a corrupted partition table (software). But if the storage chip, that's soldered to the logic board, has failed that's a very involved repair.
Most service centers will just replace the entire logic board, which involves a cost for labor and parts that might not be worth the price. Instead it might be better to just set that money aside to help pay for a new phone.

Moto E (1st generation) motherboard replacement
Moto E (2nd generation) motherboard replacement

Upvote 0
Yes, that's a possibility but I'm gonna hold onto to some hope instead of giving into despair. I don't want to throw away a car due to a flat tire so to speak.

The screen was cracked a bit which could've invited in moisture. I don't think it's hardware imo.

During my searching, someone else had a similar problem and they theorized that the problem was local as they were in the Netherlands and their sister had the same problem. I flagged that because guess what VPN I was running? In the netherlands

The highest cause theory is a sophisticated hacking by pros. Won't explain why. Mainly for future reference for anyone else with similar issues to piece together their own ideas what may have occurred. Some searches can only be conducted effectively after a long chain of people go through similar

Upvote 0
Yes, that's a possibility but I'm gonna hold onto to some hope instead of giving into despair. I don't want to throw away a car due to a flat tire so to speak.

The screen was cracked a bit which could've invited in moisture. I don't think it's hardware imo.

During my searching, someone else had a similar problem and they theorized that the problem was local as they were in the Netherlands and their sister had the same problem. I flagged that because guess what VPN I was running? In the netherlands

The highest cause theory is a sophisticated hacking by pros. Won't explain why. Mainly for future reference for anyone else with similar issues to piece together their own ideas what may have occurred. Some searches can only be conducted effectively after a long chain of people go through similar
I owned three of four moto cells.. Hmmm... Take Svims advice.

Upvote 0
ok so looks like you have a corrupt partition and that is why its in a loop. the only way is to re-flash a firmware.

i found this site:

but i can't speak on how authentic it is. it should have a link to the firmware, a tool to flash it, and a guide on how to flash it.

i have never owned a moto phone before....only sammy phones have i owned. but this should hopefully get you back to a working phone again.

My intuition was right about your fix, it worked and it was so simple. Thanks a lot, may the universe bestow upon you a thousand years of happiness :)
Pm me if you can

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My intuition was right about your fix, it worked and it was so simple. Thanks a lot, may the universe bestow upon you a thousand years of happiness :)
Pm me if you can
did you loose your data?
I also have problem with my phone and i absolutley dont want to loose pictures on it and so.
Man, i was thinking to commit a crime so police take my phone ad restore everything on it.

Upvote 0
Hey, what better use than to flash stock firmware. As most have said, it's probably a hardware problem. But most likely the bootloader or recovery software got corrupted. If flashing works, you got a brand new phone albeit user data. If it doesn't, you still have the exact same problem, a brick. Don't be chicken to try it. It won't bite you in the hand.

Upvote 0
Hey, what better use than to flash stock firmware. As most have said, it's probably a hardware problem. But most likely the bootloader or recovery software got corrupted. If flashing works, you got a brand new phone albeit user data. If it doesn't, you still have the exact same problem, a brick. Don't be chicken to try it. It won't bite you in the hand.

I have a motorola e7.
When i start hte phone, this comes up.
" Android recovery
motorola/malta_reteu/malta
User/relese-keys
Use volume up/down and power.
Cant load android system.
Your data may be corrupt.
If you continue to see this message, you may need to peform a factory data resest and erase all user data stored on this device.Then i can chose "try again" and " factory data reset".

What to do?

Upvote 0
yep sounds like a bad system partition. the only way to fix that is to do a hard rest or flash a firmware update......either way your data is gone......sorry.
nooooo!
So not even if the police took the phone and i was arrested for some serious stuff, they would not be able to restore the data?
I have seen some guy on tiktok that fixed phones and he worked for the police.
He would take the hardware from the phone, and even solder things under high magnification and then he would restore the data.

Upvote 0
Did you try to flash something to the phone? Just goddamn flash the phone. If you're worried about law enforcement, trust me that if you're doing illegal activities, they had have been investigating you for at least a year. Just melt the damn thing.

I can walk you through fixing the phone.

Which e7 do you have? E7, e7 pro, e7 power?
i have not done anything to it after it broke.

Im not doing anything illegal on it,but i was thinking it is weird that some people say its impossible to save the data when i personally think police could save it.

I have also red that my seam to be soft bricked since it starts, and that soft bricked is easier to fix than a hard bricked.

I just dont want to loose the data, thats why im afraid doing it on my own also, but if you think you can help me, please do.

I dont care about the phone, only the data, so if flashing it will delete all data but make the phone work again, im not interested.

Upvote 0
yes i do.
i have Windows.

but how will it be possible to save the data?
i just talked to motorola support and they said it would be extremley hard to save the data.

some other Company that restore data on different types of electronics said ot would cost 1700 usd and it still would would be a very slim chance to fix it.

so i just wonder how we will do it since others say it most likley will not work

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones