• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help unlock bootloader

Hey I was wondering, would it help if we emailed Google? (I don't even know if that's possible) but if we can, maybe they can put a little pressure on LG?
Just a thought

probably if you possibly got google to do that. doubt they would tho. google asking them to do that might hurt lg and googles relationship and i dont think google really wants to take a chance with it, lg been around for ever i remember i had one of their phones in 1996. they'd probably tell google to suck it and develop their own OS lol

Upvote 0
Hi all

So LG did not make this phone for us and we are not their customers, they made it for Metro PCS, and then Metro sold the phone to us, you bought the phone from Metro not LG. LG is not obligated to us at all.

LG probably locked the boot loader at Metro's request, and will probably only unlock it at their request.

LG made the Nexus 4 for Google, and that did not have a locked boot loader, because Google probably told them they did not want one.

Metro probably has to pay LG for any changes or updates to the firmware that were not bugs to begin with.

So maybe we need to put pressure on Metro somehow for this. We need to find a way that we will be the most irritating to them, and it will be a benefit and a relief for them to give us what we want. Maybe a petition is not enough, maybe we all need to start calling the Metro support number for it, and demand to speak to a supervisor every time. If they keep getting a lot of calls about this, eventually they will pay LG to make the new boot loader or un-locker.

Edit:

When you call Metro and they say "we did not make the phone LG did"

Tell them it says in big letters on the back of the phone METRO PCS, and I bought the Metro PCS phone from you not LG

Reactions: blaze420916
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones