1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help unlocking HTC Hero / T mobile G2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by woodpigeon4, Jan 9, 2010.

1. woodpigeon4

woodpigeon4 Lurker

Hi there guys, first post on these forums:)
    I just bought this on eBay, and I plan to unlock it, although if the worst comes to the worst I can just buy a T-mobile SIM.
    I've heard that there are many ways to unlock it, but as far as I know they all result in the disabling of the 3G network, which I really don't want to happen. I want to unlock so that I can use it with a Tesco mobile SIM, who use the o2 network.
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks:)

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Welcome!

Check this thread out over in the T-Mobile G2 Touch forum - the OP did exactly this successfully.

3. woodpigeon4

woodpigeon4 Lurker

Thanks for the reply, but he didn't say anything about 3G, so I was worried about going for that system and disabling it.

4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

I doubt he'd be happy if he'd lost 3G capability, but you'll have to check with other T-Mobile users who have unlocked to be 100% sure.

5. crish

crish Newbie

I unlocked my T-Mobile via one of the internet companies,cost about

6. woodpigeon4

woodpigeon4 Lurker

Thanks for that, I was just a bit worried as lots of people don't know much about 3G, or notice the difference between EDGE and 3G

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews