1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help Unrooting Evo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gsx1000r02, Dec 20, 2011.

1. gsx1000r02

gsx1000r02 Member

I am trying to unroot my evo 4g. It now says S-on, however I switched to amon ra 2.3 but it is still rooted as I still have superuser and can run root only apps and still have amon ra on the phone. I can't figure out how to get back. I tried to run PC36IMG_SuperSonic_GB_Sprint_WWE_4.53.651.1_Radio_2.15.00.0808_NV_2.15_release_209995_signed but it does not give me the option to update. What am I doing wrong?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

try running the ruu.exe file found in the http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html. not sure why, but the PC36IMG ruu does not work for some people. it is found in the bottom of the unrooting section.

3. gsx1000r02

gsx1000r02 Member

I just found that one. I'm dl'ing it now. I hoping that it will work. I'll be sure to holla back if I run into any issues... thanx again bro. You have been a big help.

4. ocnbrze

this ruu you will run on your computer. just make sure that on your phone that you have usb debugging turned on and do not set it as disk drive. make sure that you do not connect your device until the ruu tells you to.

gsx1000r02 likes this.
  5. gsx1000r02

gsx1000r02 Member

Hey bro, you are a magical man... thanx worked great.

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. ocnbrze

nice glad it worked for you. i have been called a lot of things:eek:, but magical is a first:eek:

7. gsx1000r02

gsx1000r02 Member

back to unrooting again... when running the ruu, I can't remember, will this also reformat my phone back to out of box condition, or just turn s-on?

8. ocnbrze

running a ruu will wipe the phone.

gsx1000r02 likes this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews