• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP Update after root etc

bobstone

Lurker
Dec 22, 2011
Im not sure if im asking this in the right section, but i really hope someone can help me out. I rooted my bionic with the forever root but stupid me actually deleted a couple bloat apps. I am able to download the ota update but i am not able to install it obviously. Is there anyway around this or to force an update without reverting to stock? I really dont want to go thru the time and hassle of backups and reverting etc. Id be amazed if someone hasnt figured out a way...

Please, any/all suggestions.

Thanks, Bob

Someone else will chime in with more information. I personally have not deleted parts of what Verizon defines as their production system.

The OTA is a lot of patches to the code and it fails if the code is not present to be patched. The installation then fails.

It seems to me you are going to have to recover the apps you deleted.

The SAFE thing to do is to freeze the apps instead of deleting them and in doing so you can simply thaw them in the future if you need to.

... Thom

Upvote 0
No, there is no way to force it - the file checks for the presence of a lot of files - to the tune of 500 + of them.

Since you're rooted, make a titanium backup and then run with it - or else name a nandroid backup and later restore only the data....

Another option would be to figure out which files are missing - I have the full 5.5.886 system dump....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones