• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help Upgrading S2 Skyrocket

juanes66

Lurker
Aug 23, 2012
First I have a unroot and unlocked galaxy s2 skyrocket, I tried several times upgrade my galaxy s2 skyrocket to ICS through Kies Software but every time I have the same issue.

After Kies says that there is a new firmware to my device and ask me if I want to upgrade, Kies starts to download and reach the 100% but after that nothing happens, the phone reconnect again to kies and say the same thing.

I run the software as admin, also use the Samsung usb cable, also reinstall Kies severeal times, I changed the usb port of my pc, the USB debuggin mode is always on, I dont know what else I can do about it, I'm thinking to install the official firmware through Odin but I'm not really sure to do because I read that their is some chips that has a problem with the eMMC and after check that I found that my cellphone is in risk because it has a KYL00m chip with 0x12 revision so I'm no sure what to do.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones