1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

!Help Usb bricked!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LiddoDavid, Apr 11, 2012.

1. LiddoDavid

LiddoDavid Newbie

Well i bricked my Usb and i cant fix it i tried using the terminal emulator and it would freeze and most guides explain on rooted devices my evo is unrooted can anyone help?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what is exactly happening? can you give us more details? so your computer does not see the phone when it is connected?

Rxpert83 likes this.
  3. LiddoDavid

LiddoDavid Newbie

well it doesnt charge when it is on only when it is off and i fixed the sd card not being read. nope the computer doesnt see it when it is connected. this happened after i ran a PC36IMG

4. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants

Could be a hardware issue. The Evo 4G had a few batches with faulty USB ports.

5. LiddoDavid

LiddoDavid Newbie

no i dont think so because it charges when it is off and my phone wasnt reading the sd card but now it is because i used a guide all i need now is to fix the usb

6. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

What is the PC36IMG you were trying to run? that is a very generic file name for the evo. That could be a file from anything from a recovery to a splash screen. We really need more detail about what you were trying to do and what the file is you were trying to run.

7. LiddoDavid

LiddoDavid Newbie

well i honestly dont know ill check tho but i know it was old because when my phone booted up i had an old version like 2.3.3 i think i dont even remeber but ill look

8. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

ok one word of advice, if you do anything to your phone, you need to know what your are doing. you need to pay attention to what you are flashing. that is the easiest way to brick your phone, when you do not know or understand. do you have a link to where you got the ruu from?

also what is your hboot? how did you root your phone? do you have s-on or s-off now? do you have a custom recovery? if so which one?

any more details you can give us will help us help you.

IOWA and frenchy714 like this.
  9. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert

The OP mentions his phone in unrooted in his first post.

I'm with Ocn on knowing what it is you're trying to update before doing so, but that doesn't help you now. Power the phone off then back on, while holding volume down, and give us the information that is on the bootloader screen. It will look like this:

SUPERSONIC EVT2-3 SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-2.02.0000
    MICROP-041f
    TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
    RADIO-2.15.00.09.01
    Aug 19 2010, 14:29:08

10. frenchy714

Also, have you tried doing a Factory Reset? If not, I would give that a shot. You can backup all your files and settings with Mybackup (it does not require root to use).

11. LiddoDavid

LiddoDavid Newbie

Locked (oow)
    Supersonic EVT3 ship s-on
    Hboot- 2.18.0001
    Radio 2.15.00.12.19

12. frenchy714

Backup your Evo using the app I suggested in my earlier post and do a Factory Reset, and see if that solves your problem.

13. LiddoDavid

LiddoDavid Newbie

I already tried a factory reset it didnt work :thinking:

14. frenchy714

My next suggestion is that you take it in to Sprint. You may have a faulty USB port.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews