1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HELP! USB connection problems

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by MisterLove, Oct 28, 2014.

1. MisterLove

MisterLove Newbie

I'm a high school teacher and my 13 Denver tablets are essential in my classes.

We use them everyday, especially an app called Fast Notepad.

One of those tablets has been having problems recently: I cannot connect it to my PC (Windows 7) via USB. No icon shows up on the Windows desktop and the Android icon (the robot holding a USB cable) doesn't change colour.

All other tablets are working fine.

Is there any other way I can copy my Fast Notepad files from the tablet to the PC? I tried to send an email via Gmail but I can't add those files.

Thanks in advance guys, I really need your help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

Are you sure you have the latest usb drivers installed for your tablet?

MisterLove likes this.
  3. barrack

barrack Newbie

Is there a physical defect with the connector? Try attaching a device on the tablet.

MisterLove likes this.
  4. MisterLove

MisterLove Newbie

Thanks for your replies, guys! There's no physical defect and I tried several USB ports and cables, none of them worked. It's just one tablet that doesn't work, all others work fine. AMOCO may be right, where and how do I install those drivers?

5. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

When you plug in the tablet,It should ask you if you want your device to charge only,Media transfer,PC Connect...
    You what to choose pc connect,This is where the usb driver is stored.Then you can install it.If you don't have any settings like that,Try the manufacturers website.

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

If it's just one tablet that's not connecting and the rest still are, that sounds like a hardware problem with that particular tablet rather than drivers and software. You could possibly use something like Google Drive or Dropbox to transfer content to and from it.

7. cybersniffer1

cybersniffer1 Lurker

There might be problem with your USB driver. Try to troubleshoot the problem using windows device manager.

8. evilcopter

evilcopter Lurker

try changing the cable and look for updated drivers for usb.

9. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User