1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[HELP] USB Connection

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RetroDelete, Dec 21, 2011.

1. RetroDelete

RetroDelete Android Enthusiast

After not being able to root for about a month, I've reached another problem. Now I've heard from a couple of source to reinstall drivers, and to use different USB cables. But I've used 6 different cables, a new computer, reinstalled Windows 7 AND I STILL CANNOT CONNECT MY PHONE TO MY COMPUTER. HELP! SERIOUSLY!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gelige

gelige Well-Known Member

When you say you can't connect, does anything happen when you plug in the cables. Have you checked the device manager?

3. ATRAIN904

ATRAIN904 Member

Make sure when you have you phone plugged in that you hear a notification from your PC that a device is now connected > if this is not happening it is an issue most likely with your computer > if it is happening then pull down your notifications window on your phone > press usb connected > you will see green android man > press turn usb storage one then android man will turn orange > goto your 'my computer" and click on the drive it is connected to and you will be able to drag and drop whatever files you want

if you cannot do either option listed above post what happens when you try each.

4. williamburk

williamburk Member

Whenever,i connecect myy phone up it connect with debbuging I know this because I was able to root it but it will not give me the notification to make it accesable on my computer

5. det1726

det1726 Android Enthusiast

This is the only phone I've had that unless I used a samsung data cable it will not connect to win7. I bought one for ten bucks and have not had an issue connecting since.

6. samsung device drivers and a standard usb cable is all you need..
    Samsung

im using the usb cable that i bought at a swap meet for my old blackberry..every usb cable ive tried worked for my phone..

7. ATRAIN904

ATRAIN904 Member

This is accurate. I have purchased my (USB>MiniUSB)plug from ebay for 2.99 and have also never had an issue running windows 7 + samsung admire

8. RetroDelete

RetroDelete Android Enthusiast

I had my phone previously rooted, then I updated my SU Binary and I still had USB access, but when I had tried to root again, my USB stopped working. So I tried the same thing with other USB's, and they all stopped working after attempting to root. Even after attempting to root, no root access.

Samsung Admire Forum

The Samsung Admire release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1600mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews