• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help using root explorer

Since im getting no love from XDA thought i would ask here. I have kasfroyo v34 love the rom. Having the 3d gallery issues. How do I get rid of the 3d gallery from the rom. Someone said to flash over it with a new gallery. Would that consist of installing the apk or something further. Any assistance would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

Since im getting no love from XDA thought i would ask here. I have kasfroyo v34 love the rom. Having the 3d gallery issues. How do I get rid of the 3d gallery from the rom. Someone said to flash over it with a new gallery. Would that consist of installing the apk or something further. Any assistance would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

Have a look here, R1OT:

CM6 Gallery in 2d App - xda-developers

Upvote 0
Ok it says to use clockwork to install the update..are they meaning clockworkmod and what option would install that. Hopefully its not in the premium version since I already shelled out a few bucks for root explorer (that is useless to me for now).

Root Explorer will be useful for you on any ROM.

All I did was use RE to remove the old 3D Gallery, then I flashed the 2D Gallery zip.

I did it on more than one Froyo ROM; it became a habit. ;)

Upvote 0
Root Explorer will be useful for you on any ROM.

All I did was use RE to remove the old 3D Gallery, then I flashed the 2D Gallery zip.

I did it on more than one Froyo ROM; it became a habit. ;)

Ok thats what need to know how to do...lol

On a side note how is your fascinate? My dad was looking for a new phone but there wasn't any reviews about it yet since it was so new.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones