1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help! Vanilla Rom - Unable to recieve texts and on XtrSense unable to create exchange account

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PartyGirl, Aug 17, 2012.

1. PartyGirl

PartyGirl Lurker

I root my phone about a yr ago using the CM Vanilla Rom. All of sudden I was not recieving text messages and the VM notification stop working.

So I decide to use the XtrSense Rom yesterday. Now I fixed the text and VM problem but I am not able to set-up my exchange server account. I keep getting "Failed to create the account. Please try again later" error.

Any suggestion on how I can get my text message/VM fixed on the vanilla rom or how I can get my exchange server to create the account on Sense?

I really don't want to pay for an exchange server app.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

You may want to try the mail app K9 mail. I think that supports an exchange account.

PartyGirl likes this.
  3. PartyGirl

PartyGirl Lurker

Thanks! I will check that out.

Quick question: Can I run both CM7 and Sense at the same time?

4. mamawm

mamawm Well-Known Member

no, it's one or the other, but if you like a more vanilla feel, check out xtrrom, it's from the same developer as xtrsense but without all the sense skin. i've been running it on my eris for a couple of years now.

PartyGirl likes this.
  5. PartyGirl

PartyGirl Lurker

Thanks! I found out that my exchange requires an Alpanumeric unlock screen code. The Xtrsense only has a pattern option.

So I went back to the CCM7 and maybe there were some updates or something because everything is working fine now.

Does the xtrrom have an alphanumeric option? If so I will go ahead and check that out just in case I have any more problems with CCM7.

6. mamawm

mamawm Well-Known Member

No, xtrrom also only offers pattern unlock. Good luck.

7. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

I will move this to the rooted section for proper exposure and responses.

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews