• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP - Visual Voicemail not playing...

scottmbolt

Android Enthusiast
Feb 13, 2010
Michigan - Metro Detroit
When I receive a voice mail, it shows up in the visual voice mail application like it always does. Everything is normal EXCEPT ... When I play the voice mail I hear nothing. The time bar moves as it is playing, but nothing can be heard. This has been happening for the past 3 days. I then have to access my VMs through the traditional "Dial #1" portal. I love visual VM though, and would like to fix this. Does anyone know what the problem might be and/or have had this problem before? :thinking:

Note: I am not using a task killer, and I don't even have one downloaded on my UNROOTED Hero.

Thank you guys!

Ok guys ... thanks for your suggestions.

I will admit my stupidity. I had the media volume turned all the way down all week because I had some lectures and training sessions to go to for work, which get really boring, and of course I wanted to play games.

Apparently the Visual VM uses the media volume outlet for sound, and once I turned that up i heard my VM's :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

LOL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones