1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HELP!!! Voice Talk is driving me nuts (or am I being stupid)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fraaaaanka, Aug 6, 2011.

1. fraaaaanka

fraaaaanka Lurker
    None

Aug 6, 2011
    Hi,
    I purchased an S2 last monday and have been using/learning the functions etc.

Once which I am hoping to find really useful is the 'Voice Talk' app whilst driving, tried it out today but found that it constantly asks me the main prompt "what would you like to do"

Here is what I am doing:
    Put phone in car cradle (no bluetooth or anything else attached)
    double clicked the main key (which brings up the 'Voice Talk' app)
    The voice talk app loads and immediately asks me "what would you like to do" so I click cancel as I dont want to do anything yet.
    As I am driving it constantly asks me "what would you like to do" - I cancel every time but it keeps asking me which is really annoying and renders the app useless.

When I got home I tested the app out again, when I was sat still it asked me on loadup but then sat idle, what I found was that if i tapped any of the corners of my S2 a few times it asked me "what would you like to do" so I am guessing it is vibration detecting for some reason.

Is this normal behaviour of the app???
    Is there any way to turn it off so I can have the 'Voice Talk' app loaded up on my S2 and when I am ready to make a call, send message etc I can just press the 'Tap & Speak' button??

Thanks
    Andy

Advertisement

2. fraaaaanka

fraaaaanka Lurker
    None

Aug 6, 2011
    Aha,
    fixed!!!

After a bit of searching in the net I found a thread which pointed me towards: Settings, motion, uncheck double tap.

which fixed my issue, phew that was driving me mental!!!