1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help Wanted ( IconBit )

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Shepard90, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Shepard90

Shepard90 Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2014
    I would appreciate any kind of help here on the forums.

I dont have a tablet but feel I would like to have one now and I have since looked at this: MultiTech DATA AB - IT-fackhandeln 019/123400 / ICONBIT NetTAB Space Quad HD 9,7" IPS, ARM Quad Core, 16Gb

Now to the question, Is it good enough to run heavier android games on? Surf the web relatively quickly and manage images, etc.?

My finances will not allow me to buy a expensive tablet.

I really hope someone can help me out here, Also i read this review but i dont get it at all. Is this tablet good or bad?

[M] iconBIT NETTAB Space Quad HD NT-0901S Tablet Review

Sincerely.

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
  3. Shepard90

Shepard90 Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2014
    I also tried the google translate for that review, but i dont get if the tablet is as good as it looks or if its like slow and bad?

I mean, The tablet got a Retina display from LG with HD 2048 pixels and 247 PPI. So the display sounds good atleast, It got quad core CPU and DDR3 memory.

It cant be that bad right?

4. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    The most important thing is actually the quality of the build: good specs plus bad execution is a bad device. I found it hard to judge that using Google Translate, but my impression was generally favourable.

The main reservation would be what you mean by "heavy" games. That processor is quad core, but it's 4 relatively low-end cores. I'd expect the dual core Nexus 10 to clearly outperform it (2 higher-end cores will beat 4 lower-end in many cases), but the N10 is rather more expensive. I'm sure it will be fine for general usage, but I don't know about intensive gaming (high res screen also means a lot of work for the cpu/gpu, and I'm not a gamer myself so don't have experience of these things).

But on the other hand they've not skimped on RAM (which is surprising at that price point), and unless you spend a lot more there will probably be a compromise somewhere.

Shepard90 likes this.