• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help!! was only replacing cwm recovery and now only vibrates!

botboy

Lurker
Sep 23, 2010
Deleted img file while plugged in in bootloader mode just like before which worked but now it will not boot period. cannot get recovery or bootloader mode and just vibrates continuosly. tried to format the partition as per other postings and tried to replace stock and cwm recoveries to no avail. Someone please look into this as I am not a dev but have been very cautious about following instructions to the letter.:(

Deleted img file while plugged in in bootloader mode just like before which worked but now it will not boot period. cannot get recovery or bootloader mode and just vibrates continuosly. tried to format the partition as per other postings and tried to replace stock and cwm recoveries to no avail. Someone please look into this as I am not a dev but have been very cautious about following instructions to the letter.:(

I am having trouble understanding exactly what you did. Which .img file did you delete? If it was the recovery.img did you put a new one in its place?

What do you mean by "tried to format the partition"?

If all else fails and you can get it into download mode and follow the instructions in this post. You can always then restore a nandroid backup from your SD card, or start over from stock.

To be able to help more, I would need more detailed information as to what you did exactly.

Reactions: botboy
Upvote 0
i cant even get into download mode. It just vibrates

I got it to work Thank you !!!!!

but now it says 'android.process .phone has stopped unexpectedaly. Please try again
(force close)' and then it reboots.

Any ideas?

This has nothing to do with your original problem... sounds like the rom is corrupt or there is a permissions problem. First try 'fix permissions' in the advanced menu in recovery. If that doesn't work then you'll either need to try a factory data reset from recovery... or restore a nandroid backup... or reload a new rom.

Reactions: spike1988
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones