1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Help. What is this icon in my notification bar??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stroths, Jun 27, 2010.

1. stroths

stroths Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Dallas Area
    Can anyone tell me what this bullseye icon is (red arrow pointing to it)? It's bugging me and I want to turn it off. Just started sometime in the last hour. Tried uninstalling a few apps I recently installed, but no change. Didn't see it in the Evo manual either.

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. stroths

stroths Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Dallas Area
    Posted this at ppcgeeks too and they told me its a GPS icon from a custom ROM. When the GPS is turned off, it shows like that so you know it's off. When you turn it on, it shows the normal crosshairs GPS icon.

I just flashed to Calkulin's ROM last night and hadn't noticed it since my GPS had been enabled up until recently.

EDIT: I also had a few requests at ppcgeeks about what a few of my widgets or apps are. Below are the responses I gave in case anyone here has the same question(s).

That's the Gmail Unread Count Widget (Free) - LINK

Battery is Battery Indicator Pro ($.99) - LINK

I am not running Sense, but instead the latest ADW. I have the weather toggle widget for the clock and weather using an HTC skin. Works in landscape too.

3. Traelyn

Traelyn Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Male
    Nashville, TN
    What is your sense thing you have on? Like the theme?
    Sorry for being offtopic. Lol.

4. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    already said in details...;)
    the right coast
    "That's the Gmail Unread Count Widget (Free) - LINK"

I had that widget early on, but it was slow to refresh. are you still using this? how's it working for you? i loved the idea, but it rarely gave me a accurate count..

5. Rownan

Rownan New Member

May 28, 2010
    Michigan
    I used gmail unread count for a while.. also had long delays and occasionally the unread count would show "err".

I switched to an app called "sms unread count" that does the same thing, it includes widgets for unread texts, gmail, and phone. I suggest it if you're looking for something reliable with the same functionality.

Tags: