• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help! What Should I DOOOOOOO.......

Dose

Nov 29, 2009
Ok, I want the Evo on Fri and I have to pay full price, and I did not pre order in time. I still have no heard an official retail price from Sprint as of yet, I have heard 450...but I went into the store yesterday and asked and he said that Sprint has not given them any price except for upgrade/new contract price. The Shack is 499, and BB is 599(wtf)....

Ok now here is my problem. I have $122 on Gift Card from BB because I traded some old Phones in, and was also going to trade in my hero and get another $118 so I would love to buy from them, and they said they would price match as long as the competitor has the Evo in Stock....But what If BEST BUY doesnt have any in stock, then it doesnt matter. But If they did have one in stock and IF Sprint Retail is 450, I could end up only paying 210 out of pocket. if everything went well

Or I could go to sprint...Trade in my hero, get $80 credit...Pay 370.....wait....hmmm....

Ok typing this (out loud) has pretty much answered the question for me... The problem is going to be finding a Best Buy that has an Evo in stock that they can sell that isnt reserved for the preorders...... AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

Also...Are we all Crazy for getting this HUGE PHONE...its huge...lets not play games....Theres no way I am getting a case for this phone...then putting it in my pocket... But... I have to have it...And the only reason is cuz its the Newest Best Android phone...... But SPRINT BETTER NOT....And I REPEAT BETTER NOT....Announce another Great Phone ....For Atleast 2 months...........

RS or the sprint store is your only option... BB will sell it for around 600 and even then right now I bet money they won't have any left Friday :)

I would (if I was you) take my shit to Sprint early in the morning and pay for it (449 - i have confirmed with Sprint yesterday) and just use what you can.. you can use your BB gift cards for accessories or whatever you want lol

Upvote 0
If it was me I would go to the nearest best buy in person Friday (don't camp out though) If the phone is not available then just wait for the second batch due on July. If you are smart enough you'll save a good chunk of money, phones are always been updated by something better in just a couple of months that's just how technology works. It's your money and you can do whatever, but its not worth it. I mean, remember all the hype around the palm pre when it was released? it ended up being a piece of junk, I am not saying the EVO will be but just to give you an example.

Upvote 0
They're going to have better phones announced periodically whether you want them to or not. Most of us knows this. It's just how fast the mobile tech market is moving these days, for example, the dual core snapdragon has already been announced. Moto droid, N1, incredible and EVO have all come out within 8 months or so, so it's just how it is.

Apart from that, by all means get the EVO!! If your BB does happen to run out of stock, you can bear it a little longer because I think most BB have a second shipment coming in on Monday I believe. good luck!

Upvote 0
I know I have issues though...I know that I will probably end up paying the cheapest price I can get...but I also know that...this is just a phone...and there really is nothing wrong with my Hero right now...but like I said I have issues. Finding a BB with a device for sale is my best bet...and If they truly are getting another shipment soon...then I guess I can force myself to wait...after all...a couple hundred dollars...or a week or two for a new phone...hmm.

Upvote 0
Who are you telling... for some reason it makes me feel like im typing like I talk....Even though Im sure one period would do the trick... You should see how many times i have to back space when sending business emails...

It's an acceptable form of written communication.

An ellipsis can also be used to indicate a pause in speech, an unfinished thought, or, at the end of a sentence, a trailing off into silence (aposiopesis) (apostrophe and ellipsis mixed). When placed at the end of a sentence, the ellipsis can also inspire a feeling of melancholy longing. The ellipsis calls for a slight pause in speech.

I do it...alot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones