• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help?? Wierd Charging Problem

Edwardmish

Lurker
Jul 18, 2017
So I got an LG G6 about a month ago and it was charging perfectly fine with the factory LG charger, and even with other USB-C type cables used for charging the S8 that belong to household members of mine.

I came to the point where I wanted some new cables that were longer and that I could just have handy when I needed them.

I bought a pack of two USB-C cables capable with the G6 off Amazon (Highly recommend and popular cables)

I began to use them and had absolutely no problems...UNTIL.. shortly after using the new cables for a week or so....

I tried charging my phone with my old original cable.

Yes, my LG cable does not charge my phone, it doesn't even cause it to react when plugging in. Neither do ANY other USB Type C cables that I've tried (including the cables for the Galaxy S8)

ONLY the new cables that I bought off Amazon work when charging my phone. Which is not TERRIBLE, but still a mojor inconvenience when it comes to trying to charge my phone any other way.

Does anybody know why this is happening???

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones