• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [HELP] WIFI connected but can't load

Hello fellow Note 2 users!

Just want to know if I have WiFi switched on and Mobile Data switched on as well which connection would my phone use? Will WiFi connection be used or Mobile Data?

By the way, I can't seem to use my home WiFi. It just takes really long to load and end up telling me its unable to load. My router WiFi is password protected and I have already typed and fully connect to it. But it seems that I can't load anything. I use a Linksys router. I happened to be outside when I got my phone and had Wireless@SG to connect to (since I had to wait awhile for my connection to be up; switched from Blackberry Internet Service to regular LTE plan) and I was able to connect and use the internet.

Now that this is happening, I suspect its my set up. But I can't seem to figure out what's wrong with my WiFi. I seem to be able to connect on my other devices (iPod touch 4g).

I am fully connected
I am assigned an IP address by my router
IP address is within DHCP range that is configured at my router config
My signal strength is Good
Link speed is 11Mbps
Status is connected

Yet to reset both my router and phone to test. But as of right now. I'm posting this from a wireless hotspot at my nearby coffeeshop (lunch) near my house and im having no trouble loading anything. But at home on my router, I seem to have difficulty loading anything. In fact it is impossible to load anything.

Please advice!

I am also facing almost similar problem. My laptop and Note 2 connect and work perfectly fine with my wifi router at home. But in my office, my laptop connects fine but Note 2 even though connected to wifi will not access internet at all. I am trying to figure out but cant.
Just to answer the query in the begining of ur post, if both wifi and mobile data is on, Note 2 gives preference to wifi because its faster.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones